There are many different types of cranes and we talk about jib and gantry cranes a lot on our website, so this article is to run through a few of the other important types.
- Tower: As you can understand from the title, the first model is a tower crane which is used by many large developers across the globe. Tower cranes are a common fixture at any major construction site and this means they’re pretty hard to miss! You’ll often look up to see them rise hundreds of feet into the air.
- Parcel: This crane can be mounted on its own foot or a solid concrete pillar that can be rotated 360 degrees. The angle of rotation of such cranes can be adjusted considerably, whilst the operator performs the necessary manoeuvres from the driver’s compartment on the crane.
- Synchronous: These cranes have a platform in the shape of a basket at the end of the winch. It is used in places that cannot be accessed by stairs. For this reason, workers in fire protection systems and power lines get the most benefit from work machines.
- Tender Cranes: Another type of special crane that is used in many sectors such as power plants and ship engine rooms. There is often a rail on both sides and a safe driving surface with these models.
- Peer-to-Peer: This is a work machine that can be moved along a line and loaded into a specific container.
In addition to the above-mentioned crane types, there are a number of others worth mentioning, including chain, rope, mobile and pallet. All cranes carry multipurpose loads, saving the backs of many people, and making impossible tasks a breeze!
Principles of cranes:
Cranes are divided by human strength, electricity or fuel. With the help of the star-shaped engine system, the principle of the winches, which move the moving rope up or down, forms the operating principle. The roller system is moved by the force created in the transmission system. No matter what system you have, you will, of course, need to have it regularly serviced. Let’s say you require overhead cranes servicing, you simply need to find an expert who can check up on any existing or potential issues, ensuring your machine is always fit for purpose and safe to operate.
The hook system at the end of the steel cable is usually made of cast steel. We see advantages in terms of business security. Load capacity of cranes should not exceed the load. This situation is extremely dangerous, and accidents at work, which may arise as such, pose a threat to people’s lives.
Regular maintenance of cranes
The necessary precautions should be taken before and after each use and check the ropes. It can be controlled by the mechanism of the oil crane with a gear train and make sure that when the indicator lights work on the control unit. The maintenance of the cranes must be carried out by technical personnel and mechanical engineers.
Occupational safety and protection in cranes
Cranes are heavy machines. Every man who uses these machines must take the necessary precautions and precautions before and after using the cranes. The rope is to properly load a suitable crane.