Sounds like a simple project and it is, if you follow these steps when planning out your new patio.
- When you have decided where your new patio is going to be, draw a plan to scale on graph paper with dimensions.
- Make sure to mark permanent fixtures such as the house, wall and fence.
- If you’re trying not to cut slabs, then purchase ‘chessboard’ style slabs.
- Your patio surface will need to be at least 150mm below the damp proof course of the house. This is so the rain doesn’t bounce off the surface and hit the wall above.
- The patio should have a slope away from the house. This is to ensure any water on the surface drains off.